Did you see Salma Hayek?

Breastfeeding someone elses baby? I think it is very humanitarian of her, what do you think. Gross and Weird or Warm and Loving?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I agree that those women would probably be so thankful for formula . . any means to feed your baby. A baby with a full belly is a wonderful thing. What Salma did was beautiful!

However, formula is still an appropriate way to feed a baby, words of a LLL member:
    In my work as a member of the Relactation Committee of La Leche League of Colorado, my major responsibility is to help the mother make a well-informed decision and then to support her in whatever she decides. The important thing is the mothering not the method of feeding your baby. You can be a good mother either way.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=relactating&page=1&qsrc=2352&zoom=&ab=9&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lact-aid.com%2Frpt025.htm

Either way, feeding a starving child with formula is a beautiful thing, and with her own breastmilk, well it's quite touching!! Definitely a beautiful, selfless act.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• wtf???? are you effin serious??? eww
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• mamakat? seriously. It was a sick starving child in Serra Leone.. She was there doing humanitarian aid and giving tetanus vaccines. What she did was admirable and more than most people do in a lifetime. Breast milk is the BEST form of nutrition for a child, and she gave that child an amazing gift. The child's mother couldn't produce milk, and I can guarantee other women in the area were helping out when they could too!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You mean she was acting as a wet nurse? Something that has been done since the birth of babies everywhere? Wow, how very normal. A baby needed feeding and a nursing woman fed it. I don't feel anything but ok about it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• She was simply acting like a "wetnurse"!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would have done the same thing that poor baby was hungry and she fed him I watched the whole video and can't imagine anyone thinking she did the wrong thing, not to mention its very humbling to see how horrible thing are over there for them, and also its nice to see that a celebrity can be so humble and down to earth herself. BTW how are feeling Gigi?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• oh ok ;) well I didn't know the whole story sheesh! This is the 1st I've heard of it. If gigi would have put that in her question, my reply...of course...would have been totally different. Yes. It is an amazing thing to do! Good for her!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I said it was humanitarian! Don't blame me lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I also didn't think there was a difference in whether it was a hungry baby in Sierra Leon or a hungry baby in the U.S.A.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• for me there isn't a difference. I would nurse a child that needed to be nursed, before giving them formula :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2009