What can you do for wisdom tooth pain?

My first wisdom tooth is coming in and it hurts like hell! What can I do for the pain?
And when should I see a dentist? I dont know if theres going to be any problems with it yet.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 9:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Health

• When mine started hurting, I used a heating pad and Motrin until I could see a dentist. To me, pain indicates there's already a problem. Even if you have to wait until he can remove them, at least you would know that they're not impacted and need cut out of the gums.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• oral gel, it numbs the gums

Also I would see s dentist after they come in. Most of the time people have their wisdom teeth removed.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I would take Tylenol or Advil for the pain, as well as a topical if it's causing you trouble. As for seeing the dentist, do it as soon as they can get you in. They will take an x ray and then it will be determined if they need to refer you to an oral surgeon.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I'd have a dentist take a look.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Uh have them removed. Most everyone does if ur having pain it probably means cavities or they r crowded.
    Babicakes24

Answer by Babicakes24 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Clove oil dabbed directly on the tooth/gum. Tastes like crap but works amazingly well. I never had problems with mine until I busted one, now the nerves are dead and I feel nothing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2012