What is the transition like going from 2-3 kids?

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2012 in General Parenting

• My kids are almost exactly 3 years apart and it was so much easier going from 2-3 than from 1-2. I felt confident, nursing was second nature. My oldest was at school during the day so my middle and the baby could bond and I could give them my attention. When the oldest got home, she would hold him and "help" me with cooking dinner and we got our time together. I found it to be a breeze...but very busy!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• There isn't really one, you're just much busier
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think it's huge! For me it was much harder going from 2 to 3 than it was from 1 to 2. The kids now outnumber the parents, there are more kids than you have hands, I found it very difficult for the first few months.
    I still remember answering the door while nursing my infant, holding my 18 month old in my other arm with my 3 yo wrapped around my leg. It was a salesman, he took one look and said "I'll come back another time". lol. I never saw him again!

Answer by missanc at 11:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• lol my kids are 6 and 1 now and I have 5 weeks pregnant
    rockabell.2009

Comment by rockabell.2009 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• It was difficult for me.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• It was super easy for me. I think it really depends on what you are used to. When we had two kids, my husband was working two jobs and barely home. Both were majorly my responsibility. I was super nervous about 3, but the transition was SO simple.

However, for those used to their spouse taking one child while they take the other, 3 tends to be a bigger transition because now they have 2 to take care of.

Hope that makes sense. I always heard with 2 - dad takes one and mom takes one. So three is a majuor transition. But since with two, I already had both, three was simple.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• There really wasn't any for me beacuse my DS (middle child) has always been all the work. My DD's were piece of cake babies and toddlers.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• hard because if your other 2 are like 5, 6 yrs old and you have a baby you take away attention from them ... babies are alot of work
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2012