What is the transition like going from 2-3 kids?

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2012 in General Parenting

• My kids are almost exactly 3 years apart and it was so much easier going from 2-3 than from 1-2. I felt confident, nursing was second nature. My oldest was at school during the day so my middle and the baby could bond and I could give them my attention. When the oldest got home, she would hold him and "help" me with cooking dinner and we got our time together. I found it to be a breeze...but very busy!

Answer by khedy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• There isn't really one, you're just much busier

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think it's huge! For me it was much harder going from 2 to 3 than it was from 1 to 2. The kids now outnumber the parents, there are more kids than you have hands, I found it very difficult for the first few months.
    I still remember answering the door while nursing my infant, holding my 18 month old in my other arm with my 3 yo wrapped around my leg. It was a salesman, he took one look and said "I'll come back another time". lol. I never saw him again!

Answer by missanc at 11:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• lol my kids are 6 and 1 now and I have 5 weeks pregnant

Comment by rockabell.2009 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• It was difficult for me.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• It was super easy for me. I think it really depends on what you are used to. When we had two kids, my husband was working two jobs and barely home. Both were majorly my responsibility. I was super nervous about 3, but the transition was SO simple.

However, for those used to their spouse taking one child while they take the other, 3 tends to be a bigger transition because now they have 2 to take care of.

Hope that makes sense. I always heard with 2 - dad takes one and mom takes one. So three is a majuor transition. But since with two, I already had both, three was simple.

Answer by micheledo at 3:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• There really wasn't any for me beacuse my DS (middle child) has always been all the work. My DD's were piece of cake babies and toddlers.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• hard because if your other 2 are like 5, 6 yrs old and you have a baby you take away attention from them ... babies are alot of work

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2012