Blue Streak in my hair?

So all of my writer friends have a big streak of color in their hair, purple, pink, magenta......they keep telling me I need to add a streak of color in my blonde hair, and I'm tempted to do a blue streak, but I'm 51 years old....what do you guys think?

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 11:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• If you want to try it, get a feather, or a color streak clip in. You can find them at Sally's. Try it, if you like it, get something permanent, but FFA is correct, you are very pretty the way you are.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Go with a clip on type
    unless you plan on redoing it once a month,growing it out could take a year or more

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• one of each! LOL
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• NO. And you're pretty.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I have had hair every color of the rainbow at one point in time. It's more common than it used to be. The trick to pulling it off is confidence. if the idea is very appealing to you go for it and rock it! If you are afraid and uncertain about it it will come across to others. Fashion is a very personal statement about who are , your personality and what image you want to project. If the idea of a blue streak seems fun and you are not scared of it then it'll be great. If you think it will just make you feel self concious I definitely agree with starting with a clip on committment free option for a test drive. With your blonde hair pastel shades like a robin's egg blue is very fashionable at the moment and won't look as harsh as a dark blue against your pale shade.Go to a salon for the color and get a fresh cut and style also so the look will be more cohesive and won't appear as just a random splotch of color.Have fun!
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• And yes as said above you are very pretty just as you are :-)
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Do you feel like it's your style? I'm a writer as well, and although I definitely find myself a bit more "weird" than my non-writer friends, I would never die my hair like that. I don't feel it's my style, and I'm sure people would notice that. If you think you'd like it, though, go for it! Age doesn't really matter, if you like what you're doing.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• That would look great! Or red maybe. I use the clip on ones. Like hair extensions. Theyre easy to put in too.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Chalking is an option also- lasts about a day

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• chalking is AWESOME. ive done it to my and my DD's hair (she's 4). sure beats the hell out of kool-aid dying a strip (like me & my friends did in high school haha)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2012