So if the Bible says they came into the house, or entered the house etc WHY

Does the Nativity place Jesus in a barn outside?

Matthew 2:11 King James Version (KJV) And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Luke 2:7
and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

A friend of mine is Jewish and pointed this out. Is it because the animals were in the house as well but just in a different room?  I am genuinely curious now, I will certianly be challenging our Pastor and my father and uncle who are very active with the church.

luvmygrandbaby

Asked by luvmygrandbaby at 12:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Found a couple of explainations.

here and here looks good and i found a picture too

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• There are so many contradictions in the bible. So. Many.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• ^^^ agreed.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• One contradiction after another. Who knows.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• exactly what funlovinlady said
    How can one believe in a book that contradicts its self so damn much
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think back then (I may be wrong but, I swear I've heard this before) that animals were often put in the bottom floor of people's "homes" while they were upstairs. Kind of like a walk-out basement or like a raised ranch by today's standards. Barns didn't start to be used until much later.

Not, that I believe the nativity story though.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I'm guessing that's how it was translated from the original Hebrew. The actual wording in the bible is going to vary based on version as well.

We also say house of worship, yet no one lives there. In this case I'm thinking it refers to any dwelling.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• The wise men did not arrive until Jesus was older, they were not present at the birth. Although Jesus was born in a barn, I'm sure they moved as soon as another place came available.

Answer by missanc at 1:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Jesus was born in a stable but did not live there for the next 2 years when the Wisemen came to visit. There's no contradiction at all. You were most likely born in the hospital but didn't stay there for the next 2 years.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• As you can see, it says "young child," not "baby". Most Bible scholars I have read say Jesus was around 2 when they arrived.

Sorry for multiple posts, on my phone

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012