Home made or store bought?

Do you buy most of your gifts or are you a homebody who makes them?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 1:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Holidays

• I will do both, but like NP said.. it takes a lot to be knitworthy. I made scarves for all of the women in my family last Christmas and I really feel like I wasted both my time and money doing so. I won't be knitting for most of them again.

My mom on the other hand, is the most knitworthy person I know. She loves the things I knit for her and appreciates how much time and thought goes into each project. Some people equate handknit with low quality when its the mass produced stuff that tends to be junk in comparison.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Both, but it takes a lot to be knitworthy, so the handmade pieces are only one or two a year, and you better be REALLY good or it's not happening.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• We buy. We aren't crafty kind of people.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I do both. Everyone including the children get a gift bag with a few store bought
    items such as a toy for the children, maybe some candles for the adults and some
    candy/popcorn/hot cocoa...
    Then I bake up a storm and this yr it's pumpkin bread, assortment of cookies, and pies
    as part of the gift  bags. I am also knittig scarves for many of the children and few of the adults.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I buy everything. I am not crafty at all.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I do both. I knit hats for all the kids in the family. I just finished one today for my Granddaughter.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I wouldn't know what to make or how to make it even if I wanted to. Walmart/Target for me!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I buy.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I buy. Frankly, I don't like crafty stuff, so I don't give crafty stuff as gifts.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I buy most of it. I would say that of the 50 or so presents I will be giving out this year, 2 are homemade LOL.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2012