Why the hypocrisy?

There are so many women who are so passionate about breast feeding, they will verbally and emotionally abuse complete strangers if they even suspect that person didn't "try hard enough" to bf. It's as if they expect anyone who didn't to hand over their complete medical records in order to justify the decision. And there are many more who aren't that militant, but will still turn their nose up at someone who discusses formula, equating it to laziness.

So why is it so many of these same women who act as if formula feeding is like peeing in the swimming pool go on to feed their ebf babies pop tarts and hot dogs and granola bars and fruit snacks and Capri Sun and chicken nuggets when they can eat solids? Why be so insistent that everyone do it your way for the first year (or 2 or 3), and then spend the next 20 feeding them crap that's far worse than anything you'll find in formula?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I would never understand that some people just like to feel like they are better than anyone else.

Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• This is an awesome question. I honestly don't get it. I breast fed my kids but I am not out there on a mission trying to control everyone. I had to stop breast feeding my son at 5 months because I was losing nutrients no matter what I did and he was allergic to milk and everything in between so we had to put him on soy formula. Giving a child formula is NOT in anyway lazy. It actually takes more to make then just popping your boob out! jUst saying
    Jessplus31979

Answer by Jessplus31979 at 7:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2013