The Next Level

How do you fall in love again with your spouse?

How do you rekindle the magic of love with your spouse?

How do you give romance back to the marriage?

How do you spice up love with your spouse?

SeedsOfLove

Asked by SeedsOfLove at 1:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh girl!

The best investment I've made in my marriage so far has been to purchase the book The Love Dare, and follow it every day.

Check it out. It is Christian-based, and you may or may not be a believer... if not, if you can look past the few scriptures that are in there, the lessons are still super strong. If you can't tolerate the reading part with the few scriptures, skip through and just do the dare listed at the end of each day.

It has reinforced our bond with eachother, and we are definitely more in-tune and in-sync with eachother's needs, desires, and feelings!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I love him.
    No, not the "feeling"... not what I think is love, but what he thinks is love.
    I tell him I am proud of how hard he works for our family. I tell him I am so happy he picked me. I save the words "I love you" for after making love... the time when men are most connected to you, when they are most vulnerable and intimate. I watch my attitude about sex, since I KNOW that it is the true key to his heart. I try to relieve his stress instead of add to it. I pray for him and our marriage. I value our marriage.

And I also suck at this a lot, but I keep trying, because I know that the payoff is exceedingly beautiful: a man who would lay down his life for mine.

squish

Answer by squish at 2:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Best two books about marriage I ever read: For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhan and The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger

squish

Answer by squish at 2:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• matobe,
    I am a believer. Do you have any more ideas of how to strengthen the bond with G-d and your family? Sounds like a great idea. I will check it out. Thank you for the advice.
    SeedsOfLove

Answer by SeedsOfLove at 9:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• squish,
    You're a believer too? That's wonderful! But what is your attitude a bout sex? How do you keep that in check? Tahnk you for the advice. i will keep all this in mind.
    SeedsOfLove

Answer by SeedsOfLove at 9:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• squish,
    Thank you for the two book ideas and the links to the web pages. Brilliant!
    SeedsOfLove

Answer by SeedsOfLove at 10:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2009