Question about a 2nd child baby shower

Ok so i have a friend who is having her second child, Her first will be 12 when she had the second baby. I was talking to her about doing a baby shower and she is not wanting to have people think she is expecting stuff/gifts but since her first child she gave away all her daughters baby stuff to a young single mom instead of selling the stuff to her. I know she was noble the first time because she was a single mom the first time.. and this time it is with her new husband and the baby was not planned.

Do you think in that situation people will be more open to a second shower. (most of our friends had all their kids really close together and only had one shower, Most just had a welcome party where we brought dipers and stuff like that.)

ThomJones3

Asked by ThomJones3 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in General Parenting

• Emily Post officially approves of 2nd baby showers (and 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones, too). Anyone who has an issue with that can stuff it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Every baby deserves a shower.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think a shower is a great idea. It is a celebration of the impending addition to the family. It deserves to be celebrated. She has no baby stuff so could use the gifts.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• 12 is quite a bit different than 2, I say have a party, and surprise her!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I agree that EVERY baby is special and deserves to be celebrated!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think it is extremely common these days for women to have a shower with each pregnancy. It is seen as a time to celebrate the pending birth of a child - the gifts are bonus. Beside if your friends/family want to do it for you then you may as well let them!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Normally I'm against baby showers for second babies, but given the length of time between the two I don't see the problem with this. It's unrealistic for anyone to think she still has baby gear laying around, let alone that it would even be in good enough condition now to be used for a new baby. She deserves a shower for the new baby.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think every baby deserves a shower. Its a great excuse to get together and eat and have cake!!
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2012