Preeclampsia???

to know you have preeclampsia do u have to have protein in your urine and high blood pressure or could protein in your urine itself mean you have it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Pregnancy

• You have to have 3 signs: protein in urine, swelling & high BP. I had protein in my urine & swelling for weeks before my BP got high enough to be considered for me to have preeclampsia with my oldest. Which now I realize was messed up b/c I naturally have low BP. So, honestly, I think that means I had it for weeks prior to being diagnosed.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I had it with my first. I'm not sure but I know I had protein in my urine as well as high blood pressure. Have u consulted ur dr
    Babicakes24

Answer by Babicakes24 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• how far along were u wen u got it? and what did they do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• i dont have high b/p, no swelling as of now and protein im not sure
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I was diagnosed at 35 1/2 weeks. I started showing signs (urine & swelling) around 30 weeks. I gave birth at 37 wks.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• ow gosh well hopefully i can make it to atleast 35 weeks because my dr says ill be delivering at 35-36 weeks since in having twins but as long as its not sooner im good
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Mine started with protien at the end of 6 months. Then 7 month was high blood pressure and swelling. I had my baby at 35 weeks. Its dangerous for mom and baby. The baby cannot grow in that environment. I had a 3pound 3 oz healthy baby Thank God!
    healedbystripes

Answer by healedbystripes at 8:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• aww 3lbs?? wa baby in nicu? if so how long?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Also I was on a few kinds of blood pressure pills and they didn't help. But all that went away after I delivered.
    healedbystripes

Answer by healedbystripes at 8:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I was diagnosed at 33 weeks. I had swelling for months, but the previous 2 weeks I had gained 12 lbs in fluid. My BP shot up to the 180s and they had to deliver that night. DD was 2 lbs 15 oz and spent 4 weeks in the NICU. Low birth weight is pretty common with pre-e because it restricts the blood flow.

She's 5 now and doing just fine.

Do you have a BP monitor at home? You can pick one up pretty cheap from any drug store and check yourself every few days without having to wait on your dr appts.

The protein could be signs of other issues, like a UTI or kidney troubles. I'm sure your OB is keeping a watch on everything.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012