have you ever disowned anyone in your family?

for how long? and did you ever grieve about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• For a few years I was very angry with my brother and wouldn't speak with him. We are speaking now and I regret that I acted so harshly and didn't speak to him for so long.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 2:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes, my half sister. I still don't and refuse to talk to her. I never grieved about it...I know it's sounds bad -- but she's a terrible person.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes my haf sister we didnt talk to her for almost 2 years but i dont regret it we talk now and we never dicussed why we didnt speak for 2 years we act like it never happened
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my little sister
    she tryed to hook up with my SO and he said no and she keep trying
    then when i moved back in with my dad (my SO went over seas and i cant stand to be alone)
    she came over to visit and almost got me kicked out of my house
    she also said i wa sto fat and pregnant to fit any where
    so i disowned her and till she can grow up dont plan on talking to her again
    and i dont regret it at all
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have disowned my sister and always will, but her son who is in fostercare now still sneaks away to visit me. I had my brother disown me and my mom (I guess we were a package deal) for 3 years, all because of his g/f. They still act holier then thou even though they were evicted and had to come live with my mom. I love my bro and we were always close. I grieved those 3 years because my dad had just died a year before , my husband and I split and my son was only 3 and was being raised with my brothers 2 kids and like that POOF, they were gone. I try to keep everything cool but sometimes I look at his g/f and think "Gosh, I regret introducing you two". Sad but true.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I disowned my sister. I dont grieve about it!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• wish we could DO my MIL...

she's been a pretty powerful wrecking ball impacting our lives. Not coming between us, but just doing things against us... she's had this going long before we even got started having our own life together.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes my half sister is a horrible person, and I refuse to talk to her. I also disowned some of my family for inviting my abusive ex to family things and not me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My hubbies family,they said anyone person that has more than one miscarrigae is a baby killer.
    Since nobody will lose more than one unless they do something to them or hate being a mom.
    I stay clear of them,they have odd ways of thinking and doing things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I got sick of my sister being disrespectful to me in front of my kids. Saying things like she doesn't respect sahm's. Knowing that I am a sahm. Telling my sons she thinks I am lazy. So she is out of my life and no I do not regret it one bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009