Do you rather wear glasses or contact lenses?

I'd prefer contact lenses bc as I've gotten older my eyes have changed to the worse.
As a teenager that's all I wore but after I had my kids I wear my glasses a lot.

But now my kids are a little older that they don't need mommy as much...sniff sniff even though I make it a point to or until I hear them say...Oh mom!!!

I really would love to wear contacts again but my last pair worked fine and after 6 hrs. they felt like they shrunk and made my eyes feel very dry. Even if I teared alittle to help moisten them.

Any suggestion?

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I wore glasses up until Aug of this year and now I am wearing contacts and I wonder why I never switched before. I love contacts
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Contacts. I have very bad eyesight and there is a -1 difference between the two eyes. The gap from an eyeglass to my eye gives me a headache.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I think they both have their pros and cons. I wear glasses all the time now. I just hate taking contacts in and out. I know they make the ones you can wear to sleep, but haven't tried them yet.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I wear gas permable (aka "hard" contacts) and love them. They work great for people with dry eyes. I wear glasses when my allergies are bothering me because my eyes get too itchy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I used to wear contacts, but had LASIK done 5 years ago. One of the best things I've ever done in my life.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Contacts didn't work for me either.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Contacts. Talk to your eye dr. When you get your eyes checked they should give you a trial pair to "try out" for a week or so. If that brand doesn't work, try a different one. Your eye dr should be willing to work with you on comfort and clarity.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Contacts. Took a long time for them to make prescriptions strong enough for me, now that they do, I'm using them. Glasses make everything smaller, and for the detail oriented work I do, that just makes things harder.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• My eyes are dry. I am so used to glasses now that I don't mind them.

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Glasses. I have a lazy eye that's really bad, and I was told by an optometrist once that if I ever lost vision in my good eye, I'd legally be blind. He also said never get contacts.

Years later, I started thinking what the hell does he know.... so I started the process of getting contacts. The pair they gave me to put in to measure to make sure they were the right size (Lenscrafters) were a nightmare. I wound up with one stuck in my bottom eyelid of my good eye, and just knew I would be blinded. I started bawling, not realizing that would help push the contact back out.

After that experience, I won't touch contacts.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2012