Low carb (diabetic friendly recipes)

I am looking for low carb (11-19 grams of carbs per serving) of desserts and snacks. I watch a 3.5 yr old with Type 1 Diabetes and he is so limited in his snack choices and treats that I am looking at what I can make him. He does so well with the blood sugar testing and insulin shots that I want to see his little face light up when he gets a special treat like everyone else in class.

If you don't have recipes, website would be great too!!

Thanks.

Asked by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Try the website for the Blood Sugar Solution.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• crafty26- I am very well aware of what he can and cannot have. I am not going to give him something he cannot have. I am in very close contact with his parents. If I wasn't able to give him foods, I wouldn't ask the question. We are all trying to make him feel more a part of the class on treat days instead of an outcast.

Comment by tyfry7496 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• http://cookie.betterrecipes.com/magic-cream-puff-cookies-low-carb.html

ive made these once when DH and i were on a extremely low carb diet. it doesnt list the carb count, but it should be fairly low. i used vanilla but any sugar free pudding will do. they have a weird texture, but when you dont get a lot of sweets they are great! of course check with his parents first!

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• ask his parents!! what ever you give him needs to fit into the diet plan they have him on...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2012