What is the best laptop out there for the best price?

I am sick of my Dell laptop and will never own another one. It freezes all the time and the battery won't charge anymore. I need a new one, but I am not sure what to get, so all you tech-savvy moms...what laptop do you have and why do you love it/hate it/how much did it cost you/where did you buy it???? Thanks!!! BTW...I need a computer that I can use for school which means all Microsoft Office programs and super fast internet...if that helps you.

LexsMami

Asked by LexsMami at 2:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk wut brand it is but NEVER EVER get the laptop mini
    my dad had one and it did not have a disk drive or anything like that
    and it was really hard to ready
    my laptop is abot 3 years old so idk if they still make it
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ACER sells a good one that is pretty inexpensive. round $399. I loved my acer but I needed a new one so I gave it to my hubby and I upgraded to an expensive one. :o) The ACER has everything you could need.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have never heard of an ACER...I will definitely have to look into it. Thanks ladies!!!
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 2:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• BTW, most new laptops come with a 60 trial of Microsoft Office. After 60 days, you must purchase the program which you can do online.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We have a Dell and are highly disappointed with it, too. We also own a couple of HP's, but they are outdated now. Hubby just bought a Gateway and loves it! In fact, his previous laptop is a Gateway and is still awesome so he gave it to me....he just wanted newer upgrades. Laptops are his "toys" - he gets a new one every 2 years...lol. But I would suggest you look at HP and Gateway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009