Does your grocery store do double coupons? I get so sick of these people who claim they save 500 dollars or get their groceries free.

None of the grOcery stores around here double coupons nor can you use a manufacturers coupon with a store coupon.  What is the most you have ever saved?  

Me: around 38 dollars

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Yes the show is fake. We have a lady here that was on the show and she outright tells you it was all a set up for TV. Do you notice there is never anyone in the store, or the check out line, just people standing around in awe?? Also, stores are getting very picky about what they will let you do these days. I had two coupons for a free item and they said I could only use one for that visit, not both. So, it just doesn't happen like that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• none here- I rarely use them anymore,because I almost never find any for things we actually eat or use
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I saved 187 today. Sales + double coupons
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• My store (Harris Teeter) doubles coupons up to .99. They have special weeks where they will double up to 1.99 or triple coupons. I average saving $25-30/week on groceries. I think the most ever was $52, but I have a family of 7 so I buy a lot

Answer by missanc at 11:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• i saved $13 on my last trip with coupons. No stores here double or anything like that t.v. show...
    BUT I bet, if I would have bought a few things generic / store band - I might have saved more than the coupons were worth...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I don't really use them for grocery shopping. I shop at Sam's and stock up. It's easiest for me. I do use coupons, but only if it's a great bargain or free item. I use most of my coupons at Sears Grand here, because they have an excellent clearance rack! I get tons of razors and HBA items for great prices.

You can get the best coupons directly from the manufacturer. They will send you a coupon and possibly free items for you to try. I do use these coupons, but match them with the sale ads.

There is only one store here that does doubling, but I rarely have to use it. You can check out my blog if you're interested in the latest matchups and things at CouponsRYours.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Oh, the most I've saved was $38 on $300
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Nope. I can't remember a dollar amount, but the most I've ever saved is around 50%. Still pretty good for all that work involved in clipping coupons and figuring out deals/sales.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• its all fake .... i can't believe the show that people have a 1000 plus dollars and it drops to like 150 ..... righhhttt
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• $30.00 off $130.00 Yes Kroger doubles.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2012