Does your grocery store do double coupons? I get so sick of these people who claim they save 500 dollars or get their groceries free.

None of the grOcery stores around here double coupons nor can you use a manufacturers coupon with a store coupon.  What is the most you have ever saved?  

Me: around 38 dollars

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Just for Fun

• The stores around me double coupons up to 50 cents. I don't think I've ever saved more than $50 w/ JUST coupons. But matching them to sales items helps me spend very little on certain items. Don't forget to send your expired coupons to the troops at the end of each month. They are allowed to use manufacturer coupons up to 3 mos after they expire. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I have seen stores here that do double coupons, some everyday, some on certain days.
    I mostly shop at Super Target and get a few items at Wegmans and Harris Teeter, but most of the items I buy there are never any coupons for

Most I have saved in one trip when buying items on sale was $15
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• We have stores that will double coupons and that will match store coupons ( like take a store coupon from another store) but none, that I know of, will let you combine offers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Not around here
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Nope.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• We have one store that doubles and one that price matches. I've gotten my groceries free many times, but it's a very specific list - as in I was only getting things that would end up free. That's why you can't just coupon - you have to stockpile too for it to work. Using a coupon for $1 off something when it's $3 full price is stupid if you can use the $1 off when it's on sale for $1.50 3 weeks later. In order to do that, you need to have enough to last until it's on sale - that's why you get 4 coupons for $1 off and buy 4 of whatever it is so it will last til it's on sale again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• its all fake .... i can't believe the show that people have a 1000 plus dollars and it drops to like 150 ..... righhhttt

The show is fake. Those of us who do it for real are not. The shows have the stores letting people violate store policy in exchange for all the free advertising the store gets from having it's logos in the background.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Hell no. I think there's some law against extreme couponing here anyway. Not sure what the most I ever saved it. I really only do club cards.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• we dont have many available at all
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• yes
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2012