Does your grocery store do double coupons? I get so sick of these people who claim they save 500 dollars or get their groceries free.

None of the grOcery stores around here double coupons nor can you use a manufacturers coupon with a store coupon.  What is the most you have ever saved?  

Me: around 38 dollars

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Yes the show is fake. We have a lady here that was on the show and she outright tells you it was all a set up for TV. Do you notice there is never anyone in the store, or the check out line, just people standing around in awe?? Also, stores are getting very picky about what they will let you do these days. I had two coupons for a free item and they said I could only use one for that visit, not both. So, it just doesn't happen like that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• yes
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• we dont have many available at all
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• The stores around me double coupons up to 50 cents. I don't think I've ever saved more than $50 w/ JUST coupons. But matching them to sales items helps me spend very little on certain items. Don't forget to send your expired coupons to the troops at the end of each month. They are allowed to use manufacturer coupons up to 3 mos after they expire. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Hell no. I think there's some law against extreme couponing here anyway. Not sure what the most I ever saved it. I really only do club cards.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• $30.00 off $130.00 Yes Kroger doubles.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• its all fake .... i can't believe the show that people have a 1000 plus dollars and it drops to like 150 ..... righhhttt

The show is fake. Those of us who do it for real are not. The shows have the stores letting people violate store policy in exchange for all the free advertising the store gets from having it's logos in the background.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• We have one store that doubles and one that price matches. I've gotten my groceries free many times, but it's a very specific list - as in I was only getting things that would end up free. That's why you can't just coupon - you have to stockpile too for it to work. Using a coupon for $1 off something when it's $3 full price is stupid if you can use the $1 off when it's on sale for $1.50 3 weeks later. In order to do that, you need to have enough to last until it's on sale - that's why you get 4 coupons for $1 off and buy 4 of whatever it is so it will last til it's on sale again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I saved 187 today. Sales + double coupons
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2012