Does anyone have a thyroid problem?

I just started taking levothyroxine and was wondering if anyone had a thyroid problem and what kinda symptoms theyve had and if drinking messes with it

tonipaffel

Asked by tonipaffel at 11:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Health

• I went from hyper to hypo. I've had all the symptoms. When I am really low, my voice gets really hoarse, I have a lot of fatigue, (but I also have RA, so I have fatigue regardless...), headaches, moodiness, issues with hair and nails, weight loss (but I think I might have leveled off finally), cholesterol, (thyroid issues tend to have cholesterol problems -- be sure to get that checked!), fatigue, aches and pains, just off the top of my head. Sometimes it is hard for me to tell what symptoms come from which condition. I take 150 mcg of levo.

As for drinking, I don't recall that alcohol is contra-indicated with levo. But it is with one of my RA drugs, so I just be sure that I don't drink within a couple days either way of taking that med. I wouldn't drink a whole lot with it, because alcohol is a depressant, and thyroid messes with your moods.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I have hypothroidism. My TSH was 23 for 7 months before I was finally able to regulate it. I am now taking 250mcg of levothyroxine daily.My symptoms are extreme fatigue,hair loss,brittle nails,swelling of hands and feet,depression and anxiety. The only symptom I still have is fatigue.My TSH is now .038,which us perfect.Can't say anything on drinking,as I do not drink. I stopped after I had my 1st child.My bf is an alcoholic,so I wanted one parent who didn't drink.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 1:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2012