How to discourage dating out of your race adult content

maybe i am old fashioned, but i do not approve of dating outside of your race. friends, fine. but more than that, not so much. just for me. i want to explain this to my ds, but i don't want to send racist signals. i am not racist and do not approve of racism. i just believe in preserving your heritage. our family is a traditional southern family and we are well known in our community as one of the oldest families here. my ds has taken an interest in a sweet black girl. she is a doll, and i don't mind them being friends, but i would not be too happy to see them dating. ds is twelve and this situation has never really come up until now. i understand that my values may not be popular, but each family has it's own values. if anyone here with similar values has any advice on this matter, i would be very thankful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• I personally try to discourage my own children dating outside of their race because of the differences in culture. I do not believe that it is racist. Marriages are hard enough with out having different cultural ideals in the mix.

CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 1:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I will always discourage my children from dating outside the human race. It just isn't natural.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Also, it's totally racism. Sorry, but just because you say it isn't, doesn't mean it truly isn't. Maybe it's time to reflect on your personal attitudes about race.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• can you explain WHY you dont want him to date her...in words other than "cause she's black". because thats why its considered racist. the only reason you dont want them to date is race-based.

and fuck your community. your son's happiness should come before some stupid crotchety back-ass community of racists. i wanna know where you live so i never ever move there.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• So, wanting your kids to not get romantically involved with someone that has a different color of skin is a "value"?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Have you ever researched your family history. Both your husbands and yours?
    You might be surprised what you find! It was very common for slave masters to sleep with the slaves and produce children. Which in turn these children reproduce...you get the picture.
    It could be very possible that somewhere in your lineage, there's African American blood running through your veins!

I was raised in Ky with a family of racists. Threatening to disown any of us children if we dated a black guy/woman (brothers)
    It made me sick to listen to these idiots talk. I never dated outside of my race but if I met someone at the time that made me happy, I sure would have! I no longer live around the racists family but I did do a geneology on our family. Guess what I found? Yep! An African American Great-Great Aunt! Disowned of course by family!
    Watch what you wish for. You may just send him away by your words of RACISM!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• PMS i come from a long line of racists too. and when my dad's mom died i got a ton of really old pictures. one of them was of my dad's grandma & she had black features but her skin was light (it was a b&w picture). did some digging and sure enough she was 1/4 black. which means my racist grandparents weren't as racially pure as they always thought.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• You could get him a Klan membership

eye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• OMG paxy! I could have gone ALL night without seeing that, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Not old fashioned, racist. Old fashioned is when you think the guy should open your car door and ask your dad's blessing for your hand in marriage.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2012