Am I wrong?

Ok so we got home at like 11pm and we were winding down . I asked my husband to keep an eye on our 2yr old son while I loaded the laundry so he got him dressed for bed for me. Well my husband took my son into the bathroom while he used it. they rolled a ball to each other. Well I figured I'd check my messages on Facebook because earlier I was asking for Addresses for my christmas cards and all of a sudden there was a loud bang on the tub. My son hit his head getting a hickey. Being the concerned mom I wanted to go to the ER . I opted to ├žall my mom first after texting her a pic asking her thoughts and she said it didn't look that bad and to watch him a while. Anyway my husband gets pissed because he said I should just take care of my son instead of always calling my mom. He feels that I don't trust him opinion in situations like this. I told him to back off . Now he isn't talking to me.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• No you're not. You can call your mom if you want to. BTW, it is his kid too, so when he acts like a dad, he's doing it for his kid, not for you as a favor.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• The whole thing might be worth talking over when both of you feel calm. That would have been stressful, with your son getting hurt and all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Ouch. This same thing occurred to my son. But without the arguing with my spouse. We called the nurse on call and double checked what needed to be done. The whole not talking thing would drive me crazy. The immaturity of it is so odd. He's an adult. But instead acting like a child. If my husband did that I would seriously have to question if I want to stay married. I can't even imagine it. In those scary moments we have team work.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2012