Ex Wife at a funeral

My daughter lost her husband this last sunday. The memorial is going to be this saturday. The problem is her husbands exwife wants to attend. There is a lot of bad blood and my daughter is going to make a scene if the ex shows up. What do you think.

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• dont let her go...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• The ex has the right to be there. The children have the right to be there. No matter what your Daughter wants. It is not her funeral. She is not the one that people are coming to honor oer remember. It does not matter if her husband would have wanted her there either. They have a history and she has the right to say her goodbyes to this man and so do her children. Scenes at funerals are the exception to the rule. Keep loved ones around your daughter to help prevent contact with the ex. if needed.
    This is foolishness that will only cause pain and the most pain will be for his parents and children.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I think that for the children's sake it would be appropriate for their mother to be there with them. Your daughter is going to want her child to have a relationship with her siblings and not handling this funeral properly could cause a rift.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• agree princess
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2012