Ex Wife at a funeral

My daughter lost her husband this last sunday. The memorial is going to be this saturday. The problem is her husbands exwife wants to attend. There is a lot of bad blood and my daughter is going to make a scene if the ex shows up. What do you think.

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• agree princess
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I think that for the children's sake it would be appropriate for their mother to be there with them. Your daughter is going to want her child to have a relationship with her siblings and not handling this funeral properly could cause a rift.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• The ex has the right to be there. The children have the right to be there. No matter what your Daughter wants. It is not her funeral. She is not the one that people are coming to honor oer remember. It does not matter if her husband would have wanted her there either. They have a history and she has the right to say her goodbyes to this man and so do her children. Scenes at funerals are the exception to the rule. Keep loved ones around your daughter to help prevent contact with the ex. if needed.
    This is foolishness that will only cause pain and the most pain will be for his parents and children.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• dont let her go...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• my friend just killed himself and the woman he was dating who is also my good friend was not even mentioned at the memorial. in fact all they talked about and showed pictures of was this woman he dated a long time ago. they showed A LOT of pictures of the ex actually and it was the rudest thing i ever saw.
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• because whats the issue, she was an EX for a reason!!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• i think the ex has the right to go, and although its hard for your daughter, it would be such the womanly thing to just stick it out. how high up would she be to actually just say hello!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I agree that the ex has a right to be there, just not in the family pew. She needs to be there to support her children and she needs to be there for closure. You should for sure remind your daughter that the woman was an ex and that he chose her. Remind her that when she looks back 5 yrs from now, she will regret it if she doesn't go, if she makes a scene, or if she doesn't allow the ex to be there.
    I have 3 children with my ex. When he passes away, I will attend his funeral no matter who he leaves behind as a widow. I was married to him for 12 yrs, raised 3 children with him, and love him. There will always be a part of me that loves him. I will be there to support my children and to say my final goodbye. I won't make a scene and won't take anything away from his widow. I will likely find a spot in the back to sit. But I will be there.

I'm so sorry your daughter is going thru this.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I agree with tessiedawg
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• WTF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2012