Am i wrong

Ok so we got home at like 11pm and we were winding down . I asked my husband to keep an eye on our 2yr old son while I loaded the laundry so he got him dressed for bed for me. Well my husband took my son into the bathroom while he used it. they rolled a ball to each other. Well I figured I'd check my messages on Facebook because earlier I was asking for Addresses for my christmas cards and all of a sudden there was a loud bang on the tub. My son hit his head getting a hickey. Being the concerned mom I wanted to go to the ER . I opted to ├žall my mom first after texting her a pic asking her thoughts and she said it didn't look that bad and to watch him a while. Anyway my husband gets pissed because he said I should just take care of my son instead of always calling my mom. He feels that I don't trust him opinion in situations like this. I told him to back off . Now he isn't talking to me.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• I thought hickeys were on the neck...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• And they are caused by suction, not blunt force.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• a hickey, why was your husband sucking his head?
    and yeah, he is the parent not your mom so he can make those decisions too.
    I dont blame him for being mad
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Nothing wrong with calling Mom, however he is probably feeling a bit invisible, do you do this alot with baby related or non baby related stuff, often run things by your Mom? Maybe thats why its becoming an issue for him.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Oh lol I call them hickey but a bump on his head from hitting it
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 6:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• He feels disrespected by you when you call your mom to get her opinion after he's already given you his. If you absolutely must call her, at least sneak and do it where he can't hear you. And if I were you, I'd apologize for doing it this time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• You say he got him dressed "for you", and then he said "you should just take care of YOUR son". What kind of dad is that?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• i think it was wrong you blew off the father of your child. You run to mommy anytime something happens instead of talking to your husband about what should be done
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Uh Yes you are. First of all youshouldn't be calling your mother at 11 PM for ANY reason other than someone dying. (Your poor mother). Secondly you chose to have a child with this man and now you aren't even asking his opinion in regards to raising that child. I don't blame him for not talking to you. Throw an ice pack on junior's noggin (wrap it in a dish towel first) to reduce swelling and go apologize to your husband for not allowing him to help take care of HIS son without your permission.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• It sounds like you and your husband are not working together as a parents.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2012