Dramatic price increase in Publix cakes

okay am i the only one noticing this? i remember when cakes were like $16.99 last year base price, now they're atleast $28.99 base price! the cake i wanted, i was going to order 1/2 sheet and the price jumped from $28.99 (1/4 sheet cake) to a ridiculous $48.99! adding a filling is $5.00. when did it get so expensive and WHY?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Food & Drink

• what are Publix cakes? are those just the cakes you can order at a grocery store? I haven't ordered a cake in a long time but those do seem like Ridiculous price increases!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Publix is a grocery store chain and yeah it's the cakes you order from the bakery.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I have not noticed yet but DD has a birthday party in Jan and we always use Piblix!. If this is true for our area we may be going with another bakery. That is insane!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I have not ordered one in a while - they had better not up the price on my favorite one the Chocolate LOVERS DELITE! I just looked on line and it says it's still $21.99 - if that changes I think I will go in a chocolate depression! They make the BEST store bought cakes I have EVER had!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Wow! That price would force me to consider making it on my own.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Winn Dixie makes some really good cakes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I'd make one before I'd pay even the old price. Maybe they're saving up to sue Cake Wrecks? ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I can't make a cake that good though :( I'm only a master at boxed cake mixes lol!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Economy my dear but here is a way to have your cake and eat it two, make 2 9x13 pans of cake use a cardboard bottom to support the two together and frost, that way all your paying for is the frosting mix see you can cheat the economy legally.
    Cher53

Answer by Cher53 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2012