Power struggle with my boy

Can't get him to do homework,or bring it home. he goofs off in class,and it's not cause he's struggling it's cause he just doesn't care at all.
I need to change this bad behavior nip it in the bud NOW what should I do? The school is 95% done with him and his attitude.
He's an 8th grader.
When we tell him he's grounded to the house,he says f you and takes off. I don't want him to get in the hands of police or the juvenile system,I need help but it needs to be smart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• If he's getting physical it may be a good idea to get the juvenile system involved now before he's 18 and still physical when he will go in with adults.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• When we stop him from going he gets physical.
    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) 2 minutes ago

^^^He gets physical with you? That's called assault & should be treated as such. I'll be damned if I would fear my child or put up w/ violence. It's time to take back your parental control & deal with this delinquent behavior by any mean necessary. REMEMBER-YOU'RE THE BOSS! NOT HIM!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• He's still drawing air after saying "F" you AND leaving the house?! Hmmm. This boy seems to have forgotten who's in charge here. His life would be run like a boot camp til he got his act together!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Therapy. Call 211 and find some resources for youth. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• How is it that he just leave?

What else is going on in his life? I mean is there anything that could be affecting him at all?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• He gets physical? Call the police or get physical back.
    Do this. Go in his room and take everyhing but his dresser and bed out. Take his door off his room too. He gets not perks tell he starts acting right.

Answer by louise2 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Also just want to say this is way beyond a power struggle get help now
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Ya he has crap for friends and we live in a area that has out of control teens,because parents are like me are scared of their teen!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Anyone seen scared straight? I seen it and would like to do this accept I googled this program and I guess there isnt on saltlake city
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2012