WARNING: Tubal Ligations

When I was pregnant with my last baby, I knew I would be having a cesarean so I asked my doctor to go ahead and tie my tubes. BUT, I knew one girl, and she knew 2 others that had had their tubes ties, and got pregnant immediately after that, like within a few months. So I talked to my doctor about that, and he said the clamps they used had been faulty. So just to be on the safe side, ( I was REALLY done having babies, we were on our 5th one) my dh went ahead and got a vasectomy also. Thank God, because it turns out, one of my clamps came off too! I didn't get pregnant b/c we were double protected, but since then I have researched these clamps more, and found out women have all kinds of problems with them. So if you are thinking about having it done, or have had it done and are having any pain in your abdomen, check it out.
Do you know anyone that has gotten pregnant after a tubal?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Health

• I did but mine but cut and burned. So chance of pregnancy for me :D

I know tons of women who got their tubes tide and none of them ever got pregnant
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I had mine cut and burned. Still a chance but a much lower one

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I got a tubel the right way. They cut and burned mine.

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I have no idea how they did mine. But we've made it almost 6 years with nothing! I don't personally know anyone who got pregnant after a tubal.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• We've been discussing tubal vs. vasectomy in the last few weeks. I've been very hesitant about getting tubal, this actually makes me a little more so.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I was tied, cut an burned. I would have never been comfortable with them just clamping them off. To much room for human error or faulty equipment. As it stands my chances of pregnancy very minimal. My body would have to literally grow a new path for the egg to go down! It has happened but it is extremely rare.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I knew someone that had a tubal pregnancy which caused them to tie that tube so it didn't happen again. Then she had a tubal pregnancy with the other tube. They tied both tubes and she still managed to get pregnant. After that, she had a complete hysterectomy done. But I don't know if she was telling me the truth or not.
    I had my tubes tied 11 yrs ago and haven't gotten pregnant. I haven't heard of anyone else getting pregnant after a tubal either.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I would want them cut, clamped and cauterized. I had a couple where they'd both been sterilized, and I had to inform them they were pregnant. Nothing is 100% effective.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• wow you have me scared lol i'm 28 my tubes have been clamped for 3 years .. well dec 28th was my last period ,and i haven't gotten one since so i'm kinda scared trying not to think about it ,because says can make you think you are and body will act .... so i'm kinda scared
    JustMommy513

Answer by JustMommy513 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2013