Have you started menopause yet?

I'm 51 and I have not had my "monthly" in 4 months , and yet, I am not getting the horrible things that I read about either! Guess I should be greatful?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Health

• Yep. Been there, done that and wearing the tee shirt. I didn't take anything and made it just fine--due in large part to my very understanding husband who was able to find the humor in the whole thing!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yes, started about two years ago... So, at 45. I've messed around with both HRT and BCP. Currently, I only take Estradiol. BCP was great because it actually takes over the hormone system for you, whereas HRT only adds in a tiny bit of what "THEY" (who is they, I have no idea), say your body needs at this age. That's really bull. It's a hit or miss game.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yes I have. The blood test finally confirmed I am. Finally! The first time I thought I was going threw it I went 7 months without a period. and had 3 period. Shit!! Then I finally went a entire year. Went to the doctors to get the blood test to confirm it. They said you have to wait 2 years to say you have went threw the change. So I waited another year. Finally did my 2 years this last September. Could finally throw the plugs and pads away. YEA!!

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Forgot to add About 6 months in to the mood swings and hot flashs I went and go the Estagin pill. Couldn't stand those symptoms any more. The pills I take help a lot.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• No. I'm 39 and I remember my mom starting to have issues in her early 40s so I'm guessing it won't be too long.

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2012