Does Pineapple REALLY help induce labor???

Cause I just ate almost an entire pineapple lol. I really hope it does. I heard it raises your oxytocin levels, bringing on labor. True? False? Don't know???

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 2:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LMAO i JUST left you a comment on your myspace bulliten you just posted :) but i ate a whole pineapple a few weeks ago.. and this girl is still inside of me. :( lol

better luck to you though... ha
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• lol its supposed to but it is an old wives tale good luck tho !!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• haha thanks! grrrrrr....I'm due tomorrow man!!! lol. I just KNOW she's going to be 2 weeks late! DARNIT!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• youre due tomorrow? im due sat... are you dilated or anything? i think we went over this already but i really do have THE worst memory ever.
    whats ur dr said about not laboring yet/ anything?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• haha! Yes...we did go over this but that's ok:) I like you so I'll tell you again lol. Yeah I'm due tomorrow and not dialated or effaced or ANYTHING!!! My doc hasn't said much other than he doesn't like his patients going past 41weeks, but I won't induce untill after 42 so he can just shut his mouth ;) How are you feeling? Anything new going on with pains and bleeding??
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• HAHAH good... you BETTER LIKE ME! ;)
    when is your next appt??

yeah....bleeding has subsided a little but is still there sometimes.... and pains.. well i did a lot of walking today on purpose lol and had some sex not too long ago... ive felt some new pains today that i havent felt before but im not sure if that means ANYTHING lol. hopefully they do mean something....
    it SUCKS balls though. my mom was right when she said "after the shower, youre going to be sitting there WAITING because everything is pretty much ready for her and you have nothing left to do..." ugh she couldnt have been more right... i have NOTHING to do well thank you cards... but still :( this week is going by SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• lol well at least you get to have sex!!! I have to have sex with BOB and he doesn't always go deep enough so I dont' think it's going to help with my labor lol. And waking??? ugh...all I wanna do is sleep! I think I'm going to try and go for a walk tomorrow though. At least ot the mail box ha! ha! My next doc appt is on tues. You're getting induced on monday right??? Are you scurrred??
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeah monday i am! uhm idk... not really i think im just OVERLY excited to FINALLY see her face and all of her "firsts" first cry, cirst smile first coo etc etc... i cant wait to see her daddy hold her.. thats what im most excited for! lol

ill probably get a lttle scared though right when im about to leave to go to the hosp lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Wow, I never heard of the pineapple before, but it tastes good and will keep your pipes working! I have heard of spicy foods, which I could never eat so could never put it to test. I heard of red raspberry leaf tea and tried it, but it didn't work. I had heard of castor oil and tried it and it didn't work, but it did make me gag and it tasted so gross it just wasn't worth it! I have also heard of sex, and lots of it, to stimulate labor.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The day before I went into labor we read a medical article that listed ways to induce labor. We did all of them, and I went into labor the next day. They are:
    nipple stimulation, sex, walking, eating spicy food
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 6:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009