Daycare issue

I put my daughter into a new daycare and she is in the pre k class there and seems to like it and they offer the food and thought would be easier for me however lately she still wants juice and yogurt to be brought for breakfast and truthfully I do not know if the food is any good and she has a stomach issues. Not sure if it's from their new food but just seems odd its her second week and never had stomach issues from her past daycare. Now I have other options and than I have to pack her lunch and breakfast but I don't know because it's only been two weeks. what would you all do? I really don't want to switch her because she is just getting use to this new school setting. Torn with what to do....do you think it's just her body getting use to their food. I know the menu and it's not much different then her previous daycare all prepared fresh.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 1:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have you talk to her new daycare about dietary restrictions? Or things you know that make her stomach upset?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• also her stomach issues could be that she is nervous and uncomfortable in a new environment. Give it a little more time.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I would pack her food for a while & see if her tummy gets better.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• she doesn't have diatary restrictions there was no need to speak with them. She just finished her second week there and the last couple of days her poop was real loose and now its diarrhea. it's a no peanut evironment and she likes peanut butter alot. they gave her some kind I think soy peanut butter project. She might be alergic. I have no idea. This is the first time I have had to deal with this. She was just at the doctor yesterday for a check up. I would pack her lunch but I don't know if they allow that. I will discuss it with them on monday if she doesn't get better.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• if you back her lunch you still cant give her peanut butter for lunch FYI
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• i know i can't give her peanut butter. i am not saying that. at the other daycares there is no peanut butter restrictions. its not about giving her peanut butter which is rediculous but that is another issues but that is not the case. i was just wondering to switch her daycares or just wait it out.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Are you sure it is the food that is doing this? She could easily just have a bug of some sort. I would wait it out a little while and make sure it is something there that is causing this before I decided.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I am not sure if it's the food or a stomach virus. I am going to give it another two weeks and see what happens.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Sounds like it could just be a stomach bug, they go around often and are very contagious, if it was the food she would have had it more than just the last few days I would think and there would be more children sick if it was the food not just your child
    Anonymous

• It could be a stomach bug, plus nerves. She may just want to keep having you pack her food so she feels special. Maybe there's some other way to make her feel special, like a picture of you in her backpack for naptime.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2012