Things we did in H.S. that would be a no-no today?

We dissected frogs dripping in formaldehyde. We were required to prick our fingers for science class (and passed the needle around) to see what our blood types were. We actually took typing classes on type writers! How about you?

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Home Ec. Apparently it is no longer considered advantageous for girls to know how to cook their own food, sew their own clothes, or manage their own budgets. Why else would we have the Kardashians and Honey Boo-boo?

Answer by witchqueen at 8:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Yep, typing on typewriters. If you were in Typing 1 you had to use the manual ones with the return lever on the side. If you went on to Typing 2 then you got to use the electric ones.  

Open campus for everyone (where I lived in MT - but CA schools were like prison).  

Driver's Ed class with actual cars, not just simulators.  

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• We had a smoking section in HS

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yeah, we dissected pigs in 7th grade. There was actually a class about different religions in HS.

Answer by kmath at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Swats. No way in hell would a teacher give a swat. I remember seeing them on walls in the classroom. Some were initialed.

We used to go off campus for lunch. That doesn't happen at the high school I went to.

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Typewriters- Yes
    Smoking Pit provided outside in the parking lot for kids to smoke during recess in H.S.

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• CD players, VHS was still around

It was a no no then but was still fun. Having sex with my BF in the drama room :) As a mother I would never have sex in a public place again

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Carry purses or backpacks between classes. (one school back home compromised and let girls carry purses if they were made of clear plastic, which defeats the entire purpose of having something discreet to carry the tampons in)

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• The only thing I can think of is candy machines, and soda machines. They still sell that stuff at a store at the High School but the machines are against the law now.

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• smoking area.

Answer by staciandababy at 3:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012