How do you get your home ready for holiday guests?

I just moved so there are still alot of unpacking to do becaues I work full time and it's just myself and my daughter. I having my parents and my aunt for christmas holiday here. just wanted to make sure the house is in the best for guests. I was just thinking making sure all the bathrooms are well stocked with everything that is needed...hand towels and toilet paper ect. making sure the sheets are cleaned and the house is cleaned. Refrigeratored stocked well. anything else you do?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Holidays

• Wine & snacks! Maybe rent some movies for everyone to watch at night. Water cups in the bathroom.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• My first dinner is the 15th, which is one wk away.
    Today is my only day off from doing anything, starting tomorrow I will do all the
    laundry (have too, getting a new hot water tank installed Monday or Tues.) and will
    clean 1/2 the house. Monday I will finish cleaning the house and hopefully (the hot water tank will be in)
    I will do more baking of cookies for the gift bags, and finish the minor little shopping ...
    We keep hand soap in both the kitchen and the bathroom along with the basics, toilet paper and holiday
    hand towels are set out.
    The night before I will go over everything twice and get up early the day of the party and put the food in the
    oven and go over the entire house and either tweak things or clean up things or whatever needs to be done
    will get done. I set the tables, set and light the house up. and then I do it all over again one week later.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• thanks
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Scoop a path through the mayhem from the door to the refrigerator.

Seriously, you've just moved. Do the best you can, and let that be enough.

I don't have a lot of guests over for the holidays.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Thank you but my parents wont have it with stuff every where. I been trying to get rid of stuff. so I will wait to get paid and buy a desk and it should help.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2012