What kind of dandruf shampoo do you use?

I have super bad dandruf! I've had it since highschool. Usually I use Nuetrogena T-gel and it works great, but lately it hasn't been working. I can't use Head and shoulders because that doesn't work for me at all. My hair dresser recommended the shampoo they use there with tea tree oil. I love how it feels on my scalp, but it's not working either!! My head is still super dry and itchy. It's getting so bad that its not just on my scalp, but spreading onto my forehead. It looks really gross, Like a rash....

Are there any recommendations of over the counter shampoos that could work for me??? And please don't just answer by saying: I don't have that problem or I don't know....I want REAL answers. Thanks :)

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Health

• My BIL has psoriasis and he uses a tar shampoo called MG 217. It works great for him.I would see a dermatologist though to see what it could be. Doesn't sound like just dandruff to me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I don't.

Answer by louise2 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Thanks for your help.....
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• If its spreading on to your forehead it is most likely a skin condition. I would go see a dermatologist.

Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Try a shampoo with tar in it. I use to us T Jell from nutrisystem. Worked good.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• And your welcome!!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I use T-gel. I've tried all the T-gels and they use to work....but not any more....
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2012