I had this Merena. It hurts me and and my husband. I have it for 10 months now. I am thinking of getting it removed and getting tubal ligation (reversible). Need some advise on if this is a wise choice or not?

2 kids. 32 y/o. Don't want anymore kids.

Ali1979

Asked by Ali1979 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Just because you don't want kids now doesn't mean you don't ever want kids. Yes, it's reversible but that is very expensive and doesn't guarantee that you will be able to have more children. I had my tubes tied 11 yrs ago. Now I'm divorced and my new SO wants children that I can't give him.
    I don't think the Merena is supposed to hurt. Maybe it's not in right? And there are so many different kinds of birth control now. I personally detest condoms, but I do every once in a while like the fire and ice. I do wish that I didn't have my tubes tied cuz then I could go on the pill and actually know when I'm going to get my period.
    Before I had my tubes tied, I had a period that lasted 4 days and came every 28 days and the cramps weren't that bad. Now sometimes it lasts 7 days, the cramps are horrible, it never comes on schedule and mood swings are way worse.
    Getting a tubal should be last resort.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 2:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• If it is hurting your husband, they need to cut the string shorter. If it is hurting you it isn't in right and you need to get it checked, now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2012