Have you ever been the victim of domestic violence? adult content

I was at 17
I tried to break up with my controlling boyfriend,and he held me down and tried to pour bleach in my face. I got out of his hold,and clobbered him in the nose and broke it. His mom had the balls to come to my house and demand my mom pay his doctor bill. Needless to say,I was DONE with him.

When I was 24,my boyfriend held me by the throat up against the wall because I didn't crush all the aluminum cans,"like he told me to do before he got home"
I was gone that weekend.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• Yes. Left him at the beginning of the month.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• No. My ex verbally abused me for 12 years but he wasn't quite stupid enough to hit me. He threw a set of keys across the room at me once, I should have left but didn't.

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yep not too serious but had a boyfriend leap off of my coffee table and leave a skid mark on my face then punched me a few times. He never came back and was then later arrested for trying to stab police with a skrewdriver he filed down in the next town over. He called me from jail the next morning asking him to bail me out. I moved to colorado two days later with my now husband.
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 4:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Child abuse, yes. Spousal abuse, no.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yes I have 2 different relationships. After the second one. That was it. Been married to a non abusive man for 23 years now. Dreams do come true.

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• yup, ex husband was an abuser, as well as a serial cheater
    took long time to leave him for good

Anonymous

• yes during 16/17
    I tried to leave but he stalked me and then finally attacked me and left me in the hospital. NOTHING happened to him. Why you ask? He was Army and he told the cops he was set to deploy within a couple months and they left him alone. To bad the SOB didnt get killed over there.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Yes with a few guys
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• No- but my mother was. Her first husband, not my father, was abusive bother verbally and physically. When she became pregnant by him he took her into the bathroom and beat her in the stomach until she was black and blue and told her 'See if you have that baby now' Needless to say she lost it either form stress or from the beating... It breaks my heart she had to go through that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2012