Are you a traditional Southern family that

believes in preserving your heritage.

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• LOL, you edited, PMS! ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I come from that type of family, as I alluded to in my response to the question last night. My mom was the worst offender, imo. My dad, not so much. But my mom's family was held in high esteem in the Dallas area for generations so I guess that's why they were so nuts.

Funny story.....when my mom did the family genealogy she found out that a great great something was a gun runner during the Mexican Civil War and that he also married a Mexican woman. The fact that he was a gun runner was "meh" but the fact that he married a Mexican was ZOMGWHATWILLTHISDOTOMYDARMEMBERSHIP?!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• "E you" ????? LOL

No, thankfully I was raised in the south but, not from THAT KIND of a family. And, personally I just want my girls to find the best partners for themselves, whether they're white, black, latino, asian or not even male. As long as they are educated good people who treat my daughters well, that's all that matters.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I married into a family that descends from one of those families, but thankfully has evolved. They can walk upright, too! Sadly, some branches on the family tree are still desperately trying not to fork, so we try not to deal with them unless absolutely necessary.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Nope, just your typical non racist black & gay lovin Yankee
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• My great grandparents from my grandmothers side were 100 percent German from Germany my grandfathers were 100 percent Mexican. (that we know of) but both sides had a hard time with their marriage and did not want them to marry but loved their children and grandchildren enough to put that aside. Thankfully no ones like that.

Now I do have a few nuts that would flip if someone even dated outside of the Christian faith... And that includes Catholics in thier eyes. I guess every tree needs a few nuts right??? :/
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• No, thankfully when I decided to marry I went OUTSIDE the family gene pool. I don't go to reunions to find a date either!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• ZOMGWHATWILLTHISDOTOMYDARMEMBERSHIP?!

I knew there was a reason I never bothered mailing in those forms...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• well, my grandmother was to the point where my mom was not allowed to bring home certain friends of hers, and I was told as a teen (when I had a friend who wasn't a white boy) that it wouldn't be ok if I dated him. Not exactly sure what my mom meant really when she said it (what the consequences would be) -she was nice to him but didn't want THAT to happen... and God forbid anyone in the family would have turned out gay...I don't even want to know how that would have gone over- due to their religious beliefs

are we that way? no. You love who you love
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• "I knew there was a reason I never bothered mailing in those forms..."

I swear, my mother's dream was for all of us to be members of the DAR. Bless her goofy little heart
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2012