How can I go about getting help with out sounding to "needy"??

I need to borrow money from my family...or sell some items. I need the cash NOW!!!
How can I ask without sounding too desperate, I know I am desperate but I dont want to sound it lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, if you are going to borrow money, it helps to have a plan. And be humble.

I need $2,000 and here's how it breaks down, here's why I need it, here's how I plan on paying it back, etc. etc.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you do have some items that you could in fact sell, that's what I would do first. Put them on craigslist.org & you can sell locally, no shipping, etc. I have sold numerous items, most on the first day I listed them. If you include a picture it helps.
    And if you still need to ask family for money... If it's for a good reason, there should be no problem. Tell them exactly what the situation is & how you plan to pay them back.
    Good Luck!
    cberney

Answer by cberney at 4:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It is always a stick situation when it comes to borrowing from family. I used to have to borrow from my grandmother until fridays when i got paid. But it was always like$200 or $300.00 And sometimes i would just ask her to advance me on my paycheck then when i got it on Frdiay i would just give her my check and we were back even. It would usually be because i had a bill due like electric or phone and wanted to try to aving late charges or bank overdraft charges. But it got to where she wanted to know every detail. And like how much each bill was. To me it was none of her business what my bills ran. And as long as i was giving her money back within a couple of days she should have minded her own business or just told me no i couldn't have the money. So finally i just quit borrowing form her and woudl pay the overdraft charges or late fees. people just can' tlend a helping hand with out knowing your business.
    Anonymous

• cont...sorry this is so long and most of it unnecessary. But now if i really do need money before payday, i ask my brother. He lends it to me until payday and doesn't ask questions. My suggesion is to ask a sibling if that is at all possible. Generally they tend to be more discrete. Like my grandmother would never keep the transaction just between me and her.
    Anonymous