Met his ex...

We went to his Christmas party last night for his work. She was there. I figured hey, when are we ever in the same room together? So I went up to her and introduced myself as Keven's fiance and told her I hope she has a fun night. She acted like I had no right to even look at her let alone speak to her. I figured it was the adult thing to do since she claims she's uncomfortable with him and I's relationship.

I'm trying to do the "kill her with kindness" thing, even though I hate the bitch.

So, was it childish to introduce myself or should I have waited for her to make the first move (which she was not going to do).

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• I think the child exchange probably would have been a better choice. Think of it from her perspective; you're there with her ex, and I assume her friends and co-workers were there as well.

Had it happened to me that way, I would have been embarrassed and likely very pissy about it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck no.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• But why do you hate her?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• And I certainly do not bring drama into my life.

Really!! read this.

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Why bring this up here? Every tme you post it's a different story.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• For me, it would be worse to have some stranger come up when I'm exchanging my kid with her dad. I honestly don't know that there would have been a "good" time to introduce myself to her. She would have looked at me like that either way. She wasn't around anyone when I did it. I didn't want to interrupt her good time.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Childish to the max but that is standard for you
    Anonymous

• That was not the correct place or time. She probably felt ambushed.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I didn't bring his parent's drama here. How is it a different story? Yes, I said I broke up with him and we did but then got back together. I'm sorry you people think I should leave him just because he has this conflict right now that will get better. He's worth it for me.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I'm not responding to any anons :)
    SaraD1989