Met his ex...

We went to his Christmas party last night for his work. She was there. I figured hey, when are we ever in the same room together? So I went up to her and introduced myself as Keven's fiance and told her I hope she has a fun night. She acted like I had no right to even look at her let alone speak to her. I figured it was the adult thing to do since she claims she's uncomfortable with him and I's relationship.

I'm trying to do the "kill her with kindness" thing, even though I hate the bitch.

So, was it childish to introduce myself or should I have waited for her to make the first move (which she was not going to do).

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• can't keep your stories straight
    that is normal for a liar
    ladies walk away
    he is a fictional character in her little mind
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I know right! When him and I first got together I tried to do everything right, and fully put myself in her position. I had him as if I could meet his daughter. I asked if I could meet her. Her exact words were, "I'm not concerned with her around Lilly." SHE didn't want to meet me, she used it as an excuse for their kid to not spend the night here.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• You're supposed to be civil to her, yes. You're not supposed to purposefully put her in an awkward position because you've decided you can. Just because there was no one around her doesn't mean she wasn't being viewed by her coworkers from a distance. This is etiquette 101. It's not brain surgery Sara.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Honestly I think you should've left the introduction up to him or her. It wasn't necessary to introduce yourself. He should've done it at an appropriate time. But it is what it is now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I didn't see any other situation where I would be able to meet her. Introducing myself was civil, considering she wasn't going to do it, ever.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• B/c they've only been together 3 months now, Skinny. ^^^

Which begs the question - does the guy know they're engaged, or has she not bothered to tell him yet?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I agree, maybe he should have done it, but it didn't really happen that way. I wasn't mean, and I certainly wasn't trying to ambush or be mean to her.

And really, the amount of time we've been together matters? Ask how many other women on this site weren't together very long before becoming serious with their husbands. And SHE moved him in at two months, around her other kids, that she didn't consult their dads about.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Okay and now you've done it and she's made it clear she doesn't care who you are or want anything to do with you. So what have you accomplished other then being pushy and obnoxious?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• LOL. Really? Wow. The people on this site just get lower and lower all the time.
    SaraD1989

• The 3 months thing I must have missed. That's not enough time to decide on a lifelong commitment especially where children are involved.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2012