Met his ex...

We went to his Christmas party last night for his work. She was there. I figured hey, when are we ever in the same room together? So I went up to her and introduced myself as Keven's fiance and told her I hope she has a fun night. She acted like I had no right to even look at her let alone speak to her. I figured it was the adult thing to do since she claims she's uncomfortable with him and I's relationship.

I'm trying to do the "kill her with kindness" thing, even though I hate the bitch.

So, was it childish to introduce myself or should I have waited for her to make the first move (which she was not going to do).

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• I thought you broke up with him during Thanksgiving.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Anonymous

• The 3 months thing I must have missed. That's not enough time to decide on a lifelong commitment especially where children are involved.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• yep it was the wrong thing to do but you already knew that or you wouldn't have posted it on here.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• I think the child exchange probably would have been a better choice. Think of it from her perspective; you're there with her ex, and I assume her friends and co-workers were there as well.

Had it happened to me that way, I would have been embarrassed and likely very pissy about it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• You're confused. I think most of us, at least me, think you should break up with him because you're not good for him. You're definitely not good for his child. You hate her mother, you hate his parents, you hate a lot of stuff.

That attitude, plus your therapy level need to control every aspect of everyone's life, is not conducive to the type of relationship one needs to be happily and healthily married.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• So, why do you hate her?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• seems like you were trying to stir up shit why can you not stop the drama in your life....,,,, because you are the drama in your life you should try to grow up
    Anonymous

• You're supposed to be civil to her, yes. You're not supposed to purposefully put her in an awkward position because you've decided you can. Just because there was no one around her doesn't mean she wasn't being viewed by her coworkers from a distance. This is etiquette 101. It's not brain surgery Sara.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• Honestly I think you should've left the introduction up to him or her. It wasn't necessary to introduce yourself. He should've done it at an appropriate time. But it is what it is now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2012