22 and TTC! is 22 to young? & any Financial Advice? any MIL Advice

Me and my Husband want to start a family, we are both 22 , and have a few concerns... we own a home, and have dependable vehicles but We are worried that financially it might be overwelming but when is anyone every fully prepared for all of the things that come along with children?!? I am also slightly worried that the public might judge us for wanting to start a family at the age of 22... i should also mention i have several younger cousins and i run/own a Daycare so i do know what it takes to take care of kids on a day to day basis… My MIL has vocalized several times that she is not ready to be a grandmother and my husband and i really dont care because we both know its up to us, but i wish she wouldnt be so negative about something we are are so happy about... is 22 to young? & any Financial Advice? any MIL Advice? Any thoughts, suggestions, & Helpful advice are welcome! Please & Thank You!!!

futurebabykar

Asked by futurebabykar at 3:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Relationships

• I'm 23, and have 3 kids. We are financially stable..rich? Nope. But kids are not as expensive as you'd think. They have few requirements, a place to sleep, a carseat, clothes, food. All the other baby gear is just extra and not absolutely necessary. If you can afford to buy it-great.For my first and second child, we bought everything used but the car seats. With my youngest, we were able to buy everything brand new. As far as your MIL, like you said, not up to her. But she will always voice her opinion, you just need to learn to ignore it.
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 10:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• 22 is not to young, but you should think of waiting just to have more time to yourselfs in you marriage. To get to know each other. I think married couples should really wait 3 to 5 years after marriage to have kids. Sence you to are so young. It wouldn't hurt you both to wait. Enjoy your marriage as a couple before having babies.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I had my oldest at 24. I wish I had waited another 3-4 years at least. I was anxious to start a family and my husband and I had been married for a few years at that point, but I wish I had taken more time to myself before having kids. Even when they are grown and out of the house, it's just not the same!

Answer by missanc at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• MIL never stop voicing their opinion. If I could have done it all over again I would have waited until I was older to have children. how long have you been married?
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 4:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• if you are married, have a stable income and are ready for many sleepless nights, i say go for it. i was 22 when i ttc with my dd, and we turned out just fine lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I was 22 when I had DS. We weren't TTC (was on BC and needed antibiotics - didn't know that antibiotics could lower the effect of BC). We had been married 3 months. Was not the ideal, but I would not trade DS for anything - even for a couple years to enjoy marriage without kids.

In the end it is up to you. Kids to make finances much tighter, but if you wait for a perfect scenario you will wait your whole life. MIL's will always have their opinion, but you need to discuss with DH and do what the two of you TOGETHER decide is best for your family.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• try it
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• How long have you been married? We started TTC when we were 22 and had our first baby at 23, but we had already been married 5 years by then. We got married at 18 and bought a house at 20. By the time we were trying to get pregnant, we could afford for me to quit my job. Probably the best thing we ever did was not getting pregnant right away when we got married. Those 5 years when it was just the two of us was so good for us. We wanted to have some time to be a couple of newlyweds before we became a family. Kids will always be expensive, regardless of when you have them. To me, the timing ended up being more important than the finances.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2012