What activities are your kids involved in?

My daughter is doing acting soccer ballet and basketball... She is having so much fun!

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 7:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 10 year old plays cello through the school and is on safety patrol at school. He's also a Cub Scout and a Jr. Naturalist in our county park's system.

My 8 year old is a Girl Scout and attends horse club once a month. They don't ride often at club and I'm not paying the $30+ a week for lessons. :) Club is $5 a month and she gets to care for the horses, learn about them and occasionally ride. Keeps her happy.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2012

• My six year old has soccer, art club, culture club, and trains for triathalons. Signing up for dance and extra art classes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• My 5 year old daughter does dancing, plays guitar, gymnastics, and swims in the summer
    ChloeAMom

Answer by ChloeAMom at 8:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• My oldest is in taekwondo. He just got his black belt decided last weekend. My youngest did it for two years, but wasn't enjoying it anymore so we let him quit. He hasn't yet found something else he's interested in.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Spring & Fall Soccer... 6 & 8 yrs old
    6 yr old is also learning to skate so he can play hockey if he wants to
    8 yr old also does some random after school activities when they are offered (game days, math club, art extras, etc)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• currently one each, it's more than enough during school year.

2nd grader = violin
    1st grader = hip hop, preparing for annual recital in spring

in summer they generally do two things. last summer was swimming lessons & dance
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Soccer for my youngest
    Tennis for my eldest
    Marching Band Stage Band/sax for both
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• My DS has been taking Kung Fu for 2.5 years
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I wish my dau's school still had basketball. Last year she played thru the Y, but this year they are making it co-ed. At their age, we just know the boys don't include the girls very much, so we're not wasting our time. It's sad really, b/c she really enjoyed it. She does have softball in the Spring & is in Girl Scouts.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2012