Why dont the stupid banks take fingerprints before giving out a loan?

my stupid MIL took out tons of loans undre my hubbys identity and now the detective is falling for her lies, she was a loan officer and thats how she did it, now we gave her the bills and she just forwarded them to her house but we're not satisfied we want her to pay for all those years she was using my husbands identity behind his back. What proof can the banks show besides the fake signatures because her and my fil are denying that they faked my hubbys signature. we want to press charges on her especially because she got 75,000 dollars worth of loans and never gave him one penny out of any of them. my husband told his dad to atleast get him a 5,000 dollasr vehicle and hell drop the charges but he just says he didnt sign his signature. he got my husbands sister and brother brand new vehicles and there also in there 20's but since they have favorites there always very unfair. hopefully they can pay for all the harm they did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• you need to take them to court. why in the world would you ask for $5k when they put you $75k in the whole? why would you even contemplate accepting that?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i never thought about fingerprinting!!!

that's an awesome idea!

DH and I are facing much the same thing with MIL... found out about a NEW loan just last Wednesday night.

THIS SUCKS!

I think it's something that could be brought up with bankers... i'm not sure where to start, but it would have to go nationwide to truly prevent that form of fraud!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• you know what? the next time we take a loan, (when our credit comes up enough to do so!!!!) i'm going to ask to fingerprint the signature, and do that every loan i make. that way, if there's a loan out there that does not have a print, i can go thru my previous agreements and show that i print mine!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• SIgnature is all you need. You can go to court with a sample of your husband's signature and the original loan contract. They will compare the sigantures, and you can even hire an expert in signature comparison - banks do it all the time to defend against people who try to get out of their loans by claiming forgery.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009