Afraid of over exertion

so since my older two kids are at grandma's this weekend, i decided to take my little one bike riding. she has her little tricycle and i have a bike as well, that i had to wipe the dust off of first lol cause that's how little i ride it. i realized when riding how out of shape i am and how my daily walks really aren't doing much for me at all. i had to keep stopping and my heart was literally pounding out of my chest, and i was sweating profusely. but at the same time, i felt damn good. i didn't go very far and drank lots of water when we got back. we also went again this morning, and i felt slightly less tired than i did yesterday, and went the same distance. i feel even better now after than i did yesterday. im just concerned at how fast my pulse races when im riding and how quickly i start to sweat. granted, it does slow quickly once i stop and rest, but it is still slightly unnerving. is this just part of shaping up, and it'll get better as my stamina hopefully increases? it is the most strenuous tthing ive done in quite some time. i dont have sex because im single, i dont exercise like that because of limited time/energy with 3 kids, and the most i do is housework and walking everyday with the kids. i do have an anxiety condition which may contribute to the racing pulse, but i feel anxiety free when im done (though unfortunately it doesnt last that long) im in otherwise good health, don't smoke, drink but im about 15 pounds overweight. so, someone tell me im fine and to keep up the cycling LOL

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Health

• I think if you didn't feel great afterwards, then it would be too much too soon for your body to handle. It sounds to me like you're right on target for where you should be. A sign of a good workout is that awesome feeling afterward.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• When I started jogging I thought my heart was going to explode and i was going to faint. No air to the brain lol I learned to listen to my body slow down walk for a few mins. Now I can run a mile straight threw after that my heart feels like its going to explode again lol it takes awhile to get back in shape if you do a little everyday your ody will get use to it. At least it did for me.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I'd say if your super worried though ask a dr.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2012