Is he considered a dead beat dad if he sends only $100 a month to the family?

Mom of three kids - a friend of mine - HER husband left her and sends $100 here and there because she wont take him back because HE CHEATED ON HER!

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 10:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Relationships

• $100 a month is like, nothing.... it wouldn't pay for braces or anything like that

it must be relative to dads income, whether or not its court ordered. otherwise IMO it's a deadbeat.

also under the table/cash jobs are trickery.... hate that. that's a bad dad thing to have to pay less
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• It depends on more than a dollar amount. If that's all he can afford, then that's all he can afford. Why doesn't she take him to court for child support if she feels she's entitled to more money each month? How active is he in his children's lives? Can't say I blame her for refusing to take him back.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I'm going to say no. My ex is a deadbeat - owes 25K in child support, hasn't seen my kids in over 8 years. He wouldn't recognize my kids if they passed him on the street without me there. That's a deadbeat. Now, if he can afford to pay more, then he sounds like a jerk, but not a deadbeat.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• It depends on what the CS order is. If he is ordered to pay $100. and he does, how can you say he is not meeting his obligations (be a deadbeat). It is her decision whether she wants to take him back to court NOT YOURS. BUTT OUT!
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• not quite. a deadbeat dad contributes in no way at all. he's not there financially at all and likely has no contact with the child, going on with his life as if his child doesn't exist.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I wouldn't call him a deadbeat.. but I'd call him a jerk. $100 a month for 3 kids is a slap in the face.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• He is a ass hole. Technically he is not a dead beat dad.

Answer by louise2 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• If he's attempting, or trying or even sending something, he's not a deadbeat. You can't get blood out of a turnip. Do she not have a support order? Well, even if she does, as long as he sends something, there is nothing they can do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• How does the Mom get her personal care items and food? Is she working? has she applied for public assistance? Is there a food bank she can go to?

Until he does what he should do, the Mom has to take care of her children. She should not let her children go without their needs, especially food, cause their father is being selfish.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• So,ething is fishy here
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2012