CPS took my kids.

Well cps came yesterday cause someone where I live said my kids are dirty and had bruises and said me and my husband always tell and fight. I have 3 kids and my 2 youngest had a bruise on there forehead, my son Devin got his while at my moms from throwing a fit and throwing his head into concrete, even my mom and 7 year old told cps that, my baby which is 1 had same bruise how.he got it I have no clue that are boys and fight and fall off stuff all the time. My 7 year old had no bruises, and she asked if we fight I said well everyone fights but we don't yell and fight all the time. My 7 year old I just won in custody case, he has autism, and he is also known for telling stories, he had told my mom my husband spanked him with a belt all the time which never happened. I have his therapists who can back me up, and as for dirty of course they get dirty sometimes what kid don't? They get bathed every day. So anyway she said she thought the bruises were to big, so had my mom come get them till she has them get a cart exam on Monday. they are supposed to look at the kids and decide if we did it. I know we didn't, so IM not worried, but what worries me is she obviously thought we did or she would take them so how do I know they will know we didn't do it???? And she talked to my 7 year d alone, which IM curious what he said cause.he hated his stepped, so IM worried. I want my babies back I know for a fact I take care of them and have never hurt them. Anyone know what will happen?? Any advice?? What do u think they asked the 7 year old? I know he would never say anything about me but I know he hated his stepped and lies to my mom about u all the time.

queenzombie13

Asked by queenzombie13 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2012 in General Parenting

• there has to be something pretty hardcore happening for them to actually TAKE THEM....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• What?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I am very sad for you. Tomorrow morning at 7:59am you need to be sitting with the yellow pages calling every lawyer who will talk to you. You cannot do this quickly without a lawyer. And before Christmas.... good gravy..... My heart hurts for you.

SPOTLESS house, well stocked fridge, finish your sunday getting personal references of your character together.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• You think I will need to do all that? She said as long as at the cart exam they say we didn't cause them that we will get them back Tuesday or Wednesday. IM still worried though. Cause of my oldest.
    queenzombie13

Comment by queenzombie13 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Also my mom actually works for them and does foster care, and she even thought I would get them back but IM still worried about what my 7 year old said cause like I said he hated stepped and lies about him sometimes. Idk mine I should just stop worrying and have faith.
    queenzombie13

Comment by queenzombie13 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• If there was an exam being done tomorrow, why wouldn't you get them back tomorrow? And Wednesday? Is the older one missing 3 days of school then or what? How many changes of clothes did they take? school bags, etc?

if this drags til wednesday then it's almost friday.... then a weekend..... then shit closes for christmas. and the new year.

lawyer = yes. YES yes yes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Sounds like A LOT more is going on for them to take them away.. Sure, kids gets dinged all the time.. these dings sound a lot more significant though. Who called them? Seems like you're not telling everything that's going on. What's a STEPPED anyway.. a step-dad? Why would you be worried what your 7 year old says about him unless he really did do something wrong?
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• There HAS to be more to this than bruises and dirty kids
    Is your house filthy?
    Are the kids going hungry?
    Are they wearing dirty,too small clothes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Cause she said Wednesday the latest cause they have to get results back, and just in case we can't get in till Tuesday.
    queenzombie13

Comment by queenzombie13 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2012

• PS a lawyer can help you be proactive.... if you can have letters from teachers/neighbors/friends/pediatrician by monday, be enrolled in a parenting class by tuesday, then no matter what CPS wants the judge might take you serious

PS in the future if your kid smashes their face into concrete I'd call the pediatricians nurse and ask if it sounds serious enough to bring them in or not. that way it's the nurses choice and you're on record saying what happened. generally CPS frowns on facial bruising other than chin bumps. and society as a whole frowns on a child smashing their face into concrete. some people might even taken them in to see if a CT scan was needed. just a thought.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2012