Husband has short term memory loss!?

For 4 years my husband and I have gotten into arguments about things he has just done or said and him denying it. At first I thought he was just an ass and didn't want to admit it but that grew to he really may not remember it. It can be things he just did and if you tell or ask why he did it he will deny it all day. He gets real defensive about it and becomes angry. No matter how many people tell him he did or show him evidence that he did, before he says he just don't remember he will deny that he did it and/or blame it on something or somebody else. Its not things that are bad its simple things, everyday things. I'm really concern that something is going on but because he is so sensitive about it its hard to suggest that there is a problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Relationships

• 27, enlarged heart and GERD, meds for the GERD
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• That this has been going on for 4 years would cause me to review medical history for an event (head trauma of any sort) to find a cause.

If there was no physical trauma I would then suggest a review of medical condidtions, stroke, fever etc.

Trauma would = TBI. Medical would = ABI

May also want to review this site.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Have no clue as to what it could be. Bring him to the doctor and get it checked out.

Answer by louise2 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Have him get thoroughly checked out, including looking for frontal lobe dementia. Then pray to God he doesn't have that! GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• all men does that
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Maybe he thinks some things are not important enough to remember....sort of like some students do. They listen enough to get through the class then do a mind dump and get on with their day.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• He should go to a specialist for evaluation. Even a minor TSI type stroke can leave one with memory loss.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• My husband has major memory loss too. It is frustrating at times, but he can't help it. Mine doesn't get defensive or rude about it though. That would be a bigger problem for me, but I spose he is just not wanting to admit he has a problem.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• All those medical conditions can contribute. Does he have problems sleeping too? If so, that can cause trouble. Talk to his doc about a sleep study and possible sleep apnea.

We're JUST going through this with my husband and saw the doc last week. He's ordered a sleep study.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2012