Am I being too hard on him?

We (the children and I) recently moved back in with my mother because I couldnt afford to keep the house and our normal life on my own. My bf, the childrens father, has been going trhough some issues with addiction and other things which led us to move. He is jobless, but has also refused or quit jobs due to his lack of dependability and other things. I have since then filed for support and refuse to move anywhere with him until he shows some serious effort towards leading a better life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Relationships

• No you are not being hard you are being smart
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 1:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• seriously? You gives a flying fuck about him! Do whats best for your kids not some drug addict
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• WHO not you*
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• You are not being too hard on him.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• Why on earth would you question if you're being too hard on him? Your first obligation is to your children, and providing them with a safe and secure home. You're doing that by not living with an addict. Until he can clean up his act, he doesn't need to live in the same home with those kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I agree with Ginger0104
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 1:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• dont look back
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• No you are not being too hard on him
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• No, it sounds like you may not be being hard enough. File for support & end the relationship. Right now he his not healthy for you or your kids to be around.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• He probably thinks you are, but I don't think so. You are doing what you should: attempting to provide a stable, sane, healthy life for you and your children. If he'd like to take part in that, then he should get a job and begin doing his part in providing that. Until then, you keep doing what you're doing.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2012