Did you see Joaquin Phoenix bizarre interview on Letterman?

Did any of you see it...the beard and the way he was acting...was way bizarre. And poor Joaquin...he doesn't seem to catch on that David Letterman was making fun of him.

If you missed it, here it is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vyLME1-WdA

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 4:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• Ok, i just watched it on the morning news and I swear he was messed up on something. That was just really odd behavior. Didn't his brother die of a drug OD? I sure hope he's not following suit. But he just acted so strange about how he was just done acting and all of a sudden he's a singer. I mean he had the weird stoney rocker wanna be look but it just isn't him. I'm wondering(hoping) that he is putting on an act for some new movie he's gonna do!!! He is just to damn fine to do this look and behavior to himself.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeahI wondered about it too!
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 5:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes I did! Is he depressed about a change of his career or on herion? It was a pathetic interview. I think Letterman handeled the situation quite well.
    Joaquin needs a PR specialist and an appointment with a psycholigist!
    Maybe he needs to check into Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. He would make in interesting new client.
    Annie43216678

Answer by Annie43216678 at 7:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Oh he has to be on something. He can even speak clearly and he is wearing sunglasses indoors. Made me feel uncomfotable watching it. Yes munch his bother did die of an OD. 

Just shows you even people with fame and money and crash too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• im watching it now and not sure who he is
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

•   SCARY !!! HE IS TOTALLY DOING A JIM MORRISON !!!confused

jrb9274

Answer by jrb9274 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• if he is on drugs its letterman and mainly the audience making him paranoid, i actually feel sorry for him in a way..oh he played johnny cash? (btw im writting as i watch) im about half way and i dont see whats so wrong. he's being mean, and so is the audience. so what he doesnt want to act, doesnt want to be in showbiz whatever? even if he doesnt want sing or quits that....who cares, whats the problem... yea hes a dick...but he doesnt seem all butt hurt like some are saying anyway its over and i enjoyed it and dont see the big deal...i didnt even laugh
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Don't like the beard, but he's a good actor
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• He is putting on an act. Time will tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Their parents and all the kids were part of "The Family". River is one of a LONG list of suicides from children of the family. ALL those kids were messed up by adults for years. Read about the Ricky Rodriguez story. The Book of Davida. God knows what happened to all of them, so no surprise that he's acting off. Probably flashbacks. Poor guy. Glad he's still alive he is a great actor. He nailed The Man in Black. Hope he gets help. I've got to go watch the video now...
    sparrow1138

Answer by sparrow1138 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009