Can you suggest passages from the bible, please, to put onto christmas cards?

I recently started reading the bible (for the first time). Joined a bible study, we're working our way through the Gospel of Mark. I really enjoy it and since calligraphy is another hobby of mine I was searching for passages or psalms to put on christmas cards. But I don't know where to look. can you give me a nudge in the right direction? There's just SO MUCH (to read)! lol What are your favorite bits to read when it comes to Christmas? I'd really like something light-related, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• This article is titled "20 Great Bible Verses for Christmas Cards"  http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-great-bible-verses-for-christmas-cards/

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• I actually love the story of Jesus' birth in Luke. Luke was a Physician, so he tells the story very well, I think. The ones in the other books are good, also, but I have always been partial to Luke's. Isaiah also has the prophesy of Jesus' birth, in the Old Testament. In fact, there is a thing called the Scarlet Thread, which is the fact that Jesus runs all through the OT, from the creation of the world, to the end of the OT. It's really cool. Hope you find some really good verses.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2012

• You can't go wrong with verses from the Christmas story.
    825photog

Answer by 825photog at 2:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2013